"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, December 20, 2012

so thankful for suzanne

Several people have asked me how it feels to be here in Kansas City while the team is in Uganda sans moi. Well, it's kind of hard to explain the mix of emotions, but what I'd really like to say is: I'm so glad the team has a leader like Suzanne!

She has kept me in the loop with daily emails and photos.

She has been (over the course of just a few days) a therapist, nurse, plumber, photographer, travel agent, tour guide, teacher, writer and organizer extraordinaire!

I know she is thrilled to be there, happy to be with her special young friends at SMK and happy to be surrounded by the beauty of Uganda and its people. But this, her third trip is quite different from her others because of the added responsibility of team leader. She's handling it with competence and grace.

I may be struggling now and then with the fact that I'm not there, but I am so pleased that Suzanne is. What a wonderful team leader.


No comments: